Two Many Chefs - Take on The King Prawns!
king Prawn Spaghetti (serves 4)
So Bill and I decided to write a food blog. Now, before you switch off and watch the next Food Bible or `Tasty three minute clip just have…oh you’re already doing that? We’ll if you’ve made it this far thanks you won’t be disappointed I promise! Oh and if you’re vegan I’m sorry but this food blog may not be entirely for you, I agree with you, we’ve seen Cowspiracy but we just can’t.
Our first dish is all good for you pescetarians, Mediterranean’s as well as everyone else-eans though…which is great! A real simple summer dish without too much hassle. Although, please people no knifes or spoons to accompany this one. Yes, think about those current or future power lunches you should be preparing for. Its spaghetti, just a simple adeptly used fork is required. Cooked in garlic and with a chili kick the King prawns will form the centre piece of this dish ‘so treat them with some respect’ (GR) and to accompany them a rich and beautiful tomato, parmesan and white wine sauce with some luscious and zesty lime added late on to freshen things up. Fresh.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Spaghetti 500g
- King Prawns
- White wine 50 ml
- Chili Flakes
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- Half a lime
- Parmesan or Grana Padano (a cheaper alternative!)
- First things first, take your garlic cloves and finely dice and press. Add salt to the crushed garlic. Use back of knife to crush into a paste! Brings out all that wonderful flavour.
- Now for that centre piece eh. The prawns. 15 seconds is a lifetime with these ones so have your wits about you! Add the prawns to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 30 seconds. Once they’ve turned pink you add your garlic and your chili flakes and a knob of butter. Cook for a further minute.
- Get those prawns out! Next, splash of white wine into the pan and heat until liquid is bubbling. Reduce by half to make sure it’s not alcoholic you alcoholic.
- Here’s where we cheat a lil bit. Sorry Gordon. One chicken stock cube and 100ml of boiling water and mix in a mug. Once cube has dissolved pour it into the pan! Then squeeze half a lime into the pan to balance things out.
- Next, add a tin of chopped tomatoes and the parmesan cheese and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Put the lid of the deep pan on.
- Next back to those beauties. Reintroduce the prawns and cook for a further 5 minutes. Keep a lid on it will ya! Keep the lid on the pan…
- Then remove the lid and cook sauce on high heat for 5 minutes until it’s nice and thick. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Finally add sauce and prawns to the spaghetti and mix through nicely! Grate some more parmesan and wack some fresh basil on top to keep things nice and fresh.
- Done. Now serve it whilst it’s still hot! Quick!!
Spaghetti. Cmon guys do I really need to tell you? Add salt and a lil olive oil to the boiling water so the pasta doesn’t stick! Cook until al dente. You wanna have some bite to it!
I believe white wine would be the most appropriate drink to accompany this dish. We’ve gone for beer. Enjoy!